Tuesday 20 January 2015

This Girl Can: Recover

I sustained an injury at the beginning of October. I ignored the strain in my hip flexors, the pangs of pain I felt when running sprints at training. Sore body today; stronger body tomorrow, right? And so the tomorrow's kept coming, and I never felt stronger. I tried to stretch out my aches and pains and carried on as normal. I ran the Great South Run with KT tape and ibruprofen. The next week I played an awesome game of netball and won player's player. The day after that, I couldn't lift my left leg. The pain in my lower back burned, my pelvis and hip felt as though it had been battered with a metal bar, I couldn't sit or stand comfortably in any position. I slouched and slumped and curled up in a ball with a hot water bottle and an ice pack to numb the pain. A few weeks later I began seeing a chiropractor.

I have decided to write this blog as I am struggling to cope with the negative thoughts that currently dominate my state of mind. I am miserable. I hope that writing a log of sorts, will remind me that progress is being made and that I will, eventually, recover. I'll remember that THIS GIRL CAN... I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment