Thursday 12 March 2015

The worst of times

It is very difficult to maintain composure when you live every day in pain. Shooting pain through the base of my back and down my leg when walking, deep aches, pains and stiffness when sitting.

The other day I stood in the checkout at Tesco and forgot we needed kitchen roll. I did a half-skip/jog to the correct aisle and nearly fell over following the weakness I felt. It feels like my entire pelvis is detached from my spine. Nothing supporting it apart from the finest, silk-like nerves, which twinge and ping with pain every time any pressure is put on them to keep my legs attached to my body.

I do my stretches, I take it easy, I do no exercise, I've finally cancelled my gym membership so I'm not tempted to swim or do pilates or yoga. The chiropractor realised that the base of my spine is swollen because the cartilage around the discs is damaged and inflamed. So, in addition to all my other requirement, I'm now not allowed to hinge at the waist...

Bored now.

No comments:

Post a Comment