Thursday 26 March 2015

Ultrasound results and follow-up

The team have my date of birth wrong, so when I step into the clinic and they check my information, they mis-hear me when I say 1988. When I'm laid down on the couch, the sonography assistant asks me whether I'm still at school or college...? I pause and confirm I'm twenty-six. They check my address and everyone laughs when they realise they've written 1998. I am both impressed and worried that I can still get away with looking 16 years old.

The sonographer proceeded to work over the affected area again and again, searching for answers. Unfortunately, she couldn't see enough. She confirmed that there were no muscle ruptures or tears, but there were inconsistencies. She suggested that an MRI be carried out to see exactly what's going on.

My follow-up appointment lasted 5 minutes and was told I need an MRI arthrogram and will be referred to a surgeon who will book in this appointment.

"Expect to wait another 6-8 weeks."


No comments:

Post a Comment