Friday 10 April 2015

MRI arthrogram 'results'

Hmph.

Positives:
I don't have arthritis
I don't need a hip replacement
No tears in the labarum

Negatives:
Still no diagnosis
Next step is steroid injection

The consultant said the MRI results were good: no impingement anywhere and the hip is well lubricated. He then said that this is something that is probably going to go away on its own. I wasn't sure how to react to this. The fact that it's still a 'something' is not really good enough for me; what the heck is it? Why can't I get any treatment for the muscular pain now, if he thinks that's what it is?

Argh.

I've chosen to have the steroid injection under anaesthetic, so that my body doesn't react the way it did when I had my arthrogram. 4 days on and I keep worrying that I've made the wrong choice and whether I should go away and get some physiotherapy myself; try some acupuncture; try hypnotherapy... all those things.

Deep down, I do feel that this problem - whatever it is - is going to take a long, long, time to heal. When I am honest with myself, I know that I'm the one who damaged myself and I know exactly how much exercise I did after I felt that initial pain.

Stupid girl.

From September to December I played netball games, did pilates (straining the psoas), went swimming (kicking my legs and doing breast stroke), did yoga (turning my feet out, putting huge pressure on my groin and pelvis), I ran (on the road, on the treadmill). For 3 months I was exercising with a serious injury, in denial the whole time.

Stupid girl.

I'm booked in for the injection on the 1st May. I have to decide whether I want to go ahead with this treatment or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment