Thursday 30 April 2015

Week 3 on Sertraline and nearing my 8 month pain anniversary

I cancelled the steroid injection procedure.

I am religiously stretching and trying to take care of myself. I am being honest to my body and trying not to be lazy with my posture whether I'm sitting, standing or laying down. I tried on some trousers in Next the other day and realised how ridiculous my anterior pelvic tilt is and how much strain I'm putting on my lower back and associated muscles. Stupid sticky-out bum!!!

With regards to my mood there have been a few changes. Two nights ago I felt very flat; indifferent to all that was going on around me. I also realised that before I started taking these tablets I was crying myself to sleep most nights and I haven't shed a tear since my panic attack and collapse. What's very unusual is that I haven't really felt like crying at all and that in itself is very unusual for me. Obviously I am pleased that I'm not bawling my eyes out or crying at my desk anymore, but I'm a pretty teary person no matter what my depressive state - it must be the tablets taking over! Interesting.

Yesterday evening I went swimming again with my pullbuoy float. I swam for about an hour and even did some gentle leg kicking. I walked and jogged along the pool floor, using the water's resistance and the float to support me. When I got home I did some serious stretching, iced my hip while eating dinner and then slept with a hot water bottle close to the area through the night.

Today I feel achey but not in a sinister way... My body hurts in a good way, I think. I don't believe I've over-exerted myself but I know that I've worked my muscles. It feels brilliant.


Simply, I am in a good mood.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment